|« My post on Star Trek, tv, movies, novels, video games and themed series.||This is about Calla d’or in Majorca, Balearic Islands, Spain. »|
By Mark on August 8, 2010
This link will take you to Flickr and pictures of the Scottish Rock.
When I was a young boy my father who is scottish took himself, his wife and his two sons( Mark and Nick), to Edinburgh the capital city of Scotland , U.K. It is a wonderful place to visit and I have been there a few times in my lifetime. We used to love going to Edinburgh Castle to watch the Military Tattoo inside the castle, it is an event that happens every year around the end of August, and it involves military bands, traditional dance groups and drama and action, aswell as the magnificent bagpipes.They come from all over the world, and it is an amazing site to see, especially at night with the fireworks. But apart from the gorgeous scottish pies, the one thing that I also enjoyed was the Edinburgh Rock. It is known as Edinburgh rock or Edinburgh Castle rock, this is a traditional Scottish confection, and is very different to normal rock as this particular sweet is made with sugar, water, cream of tartar, colourings and flavourings. It is formed into sticks, and has a soft and crumbly texture. Where as if you eat normal rock it is hard, crunchy and very sugary, and I have even been known to scratch my mouth with normal rock, but Edinburgh Rock, just melts in your, so bits are alittle hard, but not much and they come in different colours like pink, yellow, brown etc and they taste great.
- Learn about Scottish Rock on Wikipedia:
- Learn about Rock, confectionery on Wikipedia:
- Learn about Star Rock on Wikipedia:
- Welcome to the historical Scottish Capital city it’s Edinburgh.
- Edinburgh Scotland’s Capital
- This is Edinburgh’s Zoo in Scotland, U.K.
- The Scottish town of Maclean in the North Coast region of New South Wales, Australia.
- This is about the Scottish Language and Accents on Virtualtripping.com.
Comments are closed.