|« This is Stansted Mountfitchet is a village and civil parish in the county of Essex, England,U.K.||Carson City the capital of the state of Nevada, in the south-west of the U.S.A. »|
By Mark on February 13, 2011
Lets visit the capital city and the and largest of the Republic of the Congo, this is Brazzaville, it is found on the Congo River. This city faces the capital city of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the populous city of Kinshasa, which shows from the 2009 census there were more than 10 million inhabitants, which lies just across the Congo River. As for Brazzaville, back in 2001, the census showed a population of 1,018,541 in the city proper, and on the outskirts of the city in the suburbs, which are about located in the Pool Region, there were 1.5 million people. Now if you were to put the to cities together you would find there would be about 12 million people living within the two areas. Now unsurprisingly, you will find that over a third of the population of the Republic of Congo lives in the capital, and it is home to 40% of non-agricultural employment. It is also a financial and administrative capital.
Now when you look at this city, considering it is an African nation, it looks quite an up to date place to work and live in.
If you ever get the chance to visit Brazzaville, there are attractions like the St Anne’s Basilica, built in 1949, there is also a house in the city that was built for Charles de Gaulle, the french president. There are other places like the Nabemba Tower and the Congressional Palace, as well as the Marien Ngouabi Mausoleum, Brazzaville Zoo and the Poto-Poto School of Painting. The United States Embassy for the Republic of the Congo is also located in Brazzaville. But to learn more about the attractions and what to do and find in the city, please click on this link, Brazzaville on Wikitravel.
This is a picture taken from flickr of the Republic of Congo.
- Learn about Pierre Savorgnan de Brazza on Wikipedia:
- Learn about the French Congo on Wikipedia:
- Learn about the French Equatorial Africa on Wikipedia:
- Learn about the second largest city, Pointe-Noire on Wikipedia:
- Learn about the Bateke People on Wikipedia:
- Find Brazzaville on Google Maps:
- Find the Republic of Congo on Google Maps:
- Find Central Africa on Google Maps:
- We fly towards the Republic of Uzbekistan to visit her capital city, Tashkent.
- Fly, Fly away with Virtual-Tripping to Prague city in the Czech Republic, Europe.
- Welcome to the history of Korea in Asia on Virtualtripping.com.
- Welcome to the 4th largest Island in the world and an African, nation the Republic of Madagascar.
- This is about the Wallis and Futuna Islands in the South Pacific.