|« Welcome to a great country, Iran, Middle-East.||Welcome to the 4th largest Island in the world and an African, nation the Republic of Madagascar. »|
By Mark on July 21, 2009
This is a post about the Federated States of Micronesia in the Pacific Ocean, north of Papua New Guinea. These small island’s are breath taking and so beautiful that you would want to visit everyone of them, with golden sands and blue skies, where else would you want to be. The country is a sovereign state in free association with the United States. The Federated States of Micronesia were formerly part of the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands, a United Nations Trust Territory under U.S. administration. In 1979 they adopted a constitution, and in 1986 independence was attained under a Compact of Free Association with the United States.
The region of Micronesia consists of many hundreds of small islands spread over a large region of the western Pacific. The only empire known to have originated in Micronesia was based in Yap.
The term “Micronesia” was first proposed to distinguish the region in 1831 by Jules Dumont d’Urville. Politically, Micronesia is divided into eight nation-states and territories, theses are:
1. Guam (Organized, unincorporated territory of the United States).
2. Kiribati (Island country).
3. Marshall Islands (Island country).
4. Federated States of Micronesia, sometimes referred to simply as “Micronesia”, or abbreviated as “FSM”. (Island country).
5. Nauru (Island country).
6. Northern Mariana Islands (Commonwealth in political union with the United States).
7. Palau (Island country).
8. Wake Island (Unorganized, unincorporated territory of the United States).
Information provided by Wikipedia with pictures taken from Google Earth and Panoramio. To learn more about Micronesia, please refer to the link art the bottom of this post.
This is a satellite image picture taken from Google Earth of the main island of Micronesia, Phonpei, where you will find Palikir the capital, and Kolonia which is the largest city on the Island and the former capital of Micronesia.
- Learn about the Federated States of Micronesia on Wikipedia:
- To learn about Micronesia on Wikipedia:
- Learn about the main island of Micronesia, Phonpei on Wikipedia:
- Learn about the capital of Micronesia, Palikir on Wikipedia:
- To see pictures of Palikir, please refer to Google Image:
- Learn about Kolonia, which is the largest city on Phonpei Island and Micronesia.
- Find the Federated States of Micronesia on Google Maps:
- Find Phonpei Island on Google Maps:
- Find Palikir on Google Maps:
- Find Kolonia on Google Maps:
- This is the small island’s of Samoa in Oceania and Australisia.
- Welcome to American Samoa.
- Welcome to my post about the island of Guam in the Pacific Ocean, which belongs to the U.S.A.
- Welcome to Puerto Rico in the Caribbean
- These are the Virgin Islands of the United States, United States Virgin Islands or USVI in the carribean on Virtualtripping.com.
Comments are closed.